Currently listening to “Friends” by Stephanie (from Gundam 00).
With my focus having been turned to Remnant Moon recently, I thought I’d try another round of character interviewing for you today.
Today’s interviewee is none other than Scythe, the obnoxious, rather perverted, happy-go-lucky Phantom. (Also Lightning’s older brother, much to her chagrin. >_<).
Scythe is a difficult character to “interview” because who he is in front of everyone else and who he is when he’s alone are two very different people, so this will be interesting. That being said, here we go!
- What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Answer: We’re trying to keep this appropriate for Vin’s ears, right? Well…I don’t know if I believe in perfect happiness, but…eating that picnic lunch with Vin and getting Elaine all riled up…that was pretty fun. Milly, too. Milly…I think I was happy when I was with her…
- What is your greatest fear?
Answer: …That I will eventually lose control of myself.
- What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Answer: My bloodlust. I hate it because the masters put it there, and because I’m always afraid I will lose myself to it some day.
- What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Answer: I don’t think much about people. But…maybe cowardice? Honestly, though, the only people I really hate are people who try to take away what’s important to me.
- Which living person do you most admire?
Answer: My sister, Lightning. I admire her for her strength, and for her ability to fit in with the rest of society.
- What is your greatest extravagance?
Answer: That highly depends on your meaning. On a more Vin-appropriate level, though…I like to buy things for people I care about, like drinks, or clothes, or…houses…
- What is your current state of mind?
Answer: I would say my usual state of mind is not child-appropriate. *laughs* In all seriousness, though… I don’t know… Sometimes I’m only barely aware that I’m alive at all.
- What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Answer: I’d probably say “idealism.” I don’t believe in an “ideal” world.
- On what occasion do you lie?
- What do you most dislike about your appearance?
Answer: Dislike? I happen to be quite fond of my appearance, myself. So do the ladies. Even though Elaine doesn’t want to admit it.
- Which living person do you most despise?
Answer: There aren’t many living people I despise, if you get my meaning.
- What is the quality you most like in a man?
Answer: I don’t especially think too much about men, to be honest.
- What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Answer: I have to pick one? “Quality” doesn’t mean body part, right? Hmm…stubbornness or independence, I guess. I like it when they play hard-to-catch and aren’t even trying to.
- Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Answer: Whatever it takes to make the ladies swoon. I don’t have one specific method or phrase, but I do use the word “love” a lot. Usually when I’m flirting with a girl… Which would be most of the time…
- What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Answer: Well…Elaine and Vin are the most important people in the world to me…
- When and where were you happiest?
Answer: …Living in the townhouse with Milly.
- Which talent would you most like to have?
Answer: X-ray vision. *smirk*
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Answer: Why would I want to change myself? I’m perfect, right? …No? Well…let’s see… I would probably get rid of the bloodlust I’m constantly battling…or my memories…
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Answer: I suppose that would be the time I escaped the Phantom Legion. That was no easy feat, not just to escape but to survive, too. But then, my survival was mostly Milly’s doing, so I can’t take much of the credit.
- If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
Answer: Elaine’s dress. *wink* Well…maybe a snowflake. I feel a strange connection to the snow.
- Where would you most like to live?
Answer: I don’t know. I never really thought about it before. I never really “belonged” anywhere, and I go wherever I please. I just live wherever I happen to be.
- What is your most treasured possession?
Answer: Hmm…probably my scythe. It’s been my companion for a long, long time. My trench coat would be a close second.
- What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Answer: …To have absolutely no purpose in life.
- What is your favorite occupation?
Answer: Tormenting Elaine. *impish grin*
- What is your most marked characteristic?
Answer: That would be my charm and good looks.
- What do you most value in your friends?
Answer: Friends…I still have a hard time with that word, but…probably their patience and loyalty. You need a lot of patience to be friends with me…and a few missing brain cells. At least, that’s what Elaine tells me.
- Who are your favorite writers?
Answer: I don’t read much, so I can’t say I have any.
- Who is your hero of fiction?
Answer: Well, it’s difficult to have a fictional hero when you don’t read, right?
- Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Answer: I don’t know that I identify with anyone, modern or historical. The world can only handle one of me, right?
- Who are your heroes in real life?
Answer: I don’t know that I’d say I have any “heroes,” but I do admire Lightning. I think I’ve answered a question similar to this earlier today.
- What are your favorite names?
Answer: …? I don’t…think much about names. But my favorite people would be Milly, Vin, Elaine, Lightning, and Glen. Do those count?
- What is it that you most dislike?
Answer: …Living alone and without purpose.
- What is your greatest regret?
Answer: …That I couldn’t protect Milly…
- How would you like to die?
Answer: In bed with a pretty girl. *laughs* …Hell, I’ve tried to die a hundred different ways a thousand different times. Before Elaine and Vin, I’d have said any way that didn’t require me doing it myself. Now…I guess I’d like to die in my sleep, as an old man, with the people I care about still around me.
- What is your motto?
Answer: I don’t think I have one. Unless…well…I’m starting to think it might be, “Life matters. People matter. I matter.” Or…something like that…